Weapon accessories are attachments created to enhance a firearm, to give it additional useful traits. In Mazeworld, attachments come into four forms: silencers, scopes, underslung grenade launchers, and magazine upgrades.
It might be a good idea to equip any compatible accessory found, as they will not add to the weight of a weapon when spared. If you do not have any compatible weapon, remember that a weapon accessory always weighs 1 unit, so you may carry a few of them if your backpack allows it until you find a gun shop or a weapon shop to sell them to, or until you find the appropriate weapon to attach them to.
An accessory is called optional when they exist, but are separate from the default weapon. It is called natural when it comes integrated or already attached to the weapon. A natural accessory cannot be removed, which is usually a very good thing since owning an attachment usually provides no disadvantages.
Equipping (or removing) one or more accessories on a weapon takes one turn.
The price of every magazine upgrade will be listed here. To know about the price of silencers and scopes, please refer to the articles of the weapon you are searching for. (Example: To know about the prices of the Colt M4A1's accessories, read this article.)
Silencers are devices created to dampen the sound of a firearm when used. They are usually found attached to, or integrated to the barrel. A silencer is able to dampen the sound - but not completely suppress it - of a gunshot, and suppress completely the muzzle flash.
An equipped silencer provides the weapon with a Failure Threshold -1 bonus, as well as the possibility of attempting a stealth shot. This is explained by the fact that silencers also double as gun barrel extenders, which explains the accuracy increase and the fact that a specific optional silencer only fits on a specific weapon; as it has to match the barrel and they differ and vary between each gun.
Scopes are devices created to increase the accuracy of the shooter, by providing zoom, and an aiming reticle or a dot sight to know with better accuracy where the bullet will hit. A scope may come in one of various forms: Red dot sight, telescopic scope, SUSAT or reflex sights, and so on.
An equipped scope provides the weapon with the possibility of attempting a scoped shot, although it remains possible for the contestant to fire without the aid of the scope (even if it is natural), in which case it will work as if the scope wasn't attached.
Underslung grenade launchers
Underslung grenade launchers (UGL) are units destined to be attached to the handguard of a weapon. They are also called sometimes under-barrel grenade launchers, as they are attached under the barrel, technically. A single UGL can fit on different weapons, depending on the model.
UGLs are all single-shot weapons which must be reloaded after every shot, which takes a whole turn. When unequipped, all of them weigh 3 units. Essentially increasing the effectiveness of the weapon they equip, UGLs may turn the tide of battles, as a well-placed grenade can save a contestant from an unpleasant fight thanks to splash damage provided by all Explosive-type weapons.
- M203 - Compatible with ArmaLite AR-15, M16, M16A1, M16A2 - Caliber: 40x46mm grenade, 600 P$
- M203A1 - Compatible with M16A4, M4A1 - Caliber: 40x46mm grenade, 650 P$
- M203PI - Compatible with Steyr AUG A1, Nexter FA-MAS F1, H&K MP5A3 - Caliber: 40x46mm grenade, 650 P$
- GP-25 - Compatible with AK-12 (all variants),AK-47, AK-74, AK-101, AKMSU, AKS-47U, - Caliber: VOG-25, 600 P$
- H&K AG36 - Compatible with H&K G36, H&K G36C, Enfield L85A2, H&K HK416, H&K HK417 - Caliber: 40x46mm grenade, 700 P$
- FN FN40GL - Compatible with FN SCAR-L, FN SCAR-H - Caliber: 40x46mm grenade, 650 P$
- FN GL1 - Compatible with FN F2000 - Caliber: 40x46mm grenade, 750 P$
- GLX-160 - Compatible with Beretta ARX-160 - Caliber: 40x46mm grenade, 700 P$
- SIG GL5040 - Compatible with SIG Sauer SG550 - Caliber: 40x46mm grenade, 600 P$
Magazines, when not called cylinders, clips or such, are devices that hold the ammunition, and determinate the ammunition capacity of a weapon.
In Mazeworld, magazines are upgrades - they can modify the weapon capacity of a carried weapon; since a player doesn't need to actually collect both magazines and ammunition, but simply the ammunition, finding a magazine is an occasion to modify the capacity of compatible weapons. (Reloading takes one turn, it is supposed that during this turn, the player quickly refills the magazine instead of inserting a new one; this was made to keep the fighting system simple.)
Magazines follow certain conventions - some of them are only upgrades for a single weapon, others are interchangeable between weapons.
- STANAG magazines - List of STANAG compatible weapons
- 20-round (Old, M16-style) 100 P$
- 30-round (Modern, M16A2-style) 150 P$
- 100-round C-MAG 1000 P$
- 9mm Glock magazines - Compatible with Glock 17 and Glock 18C
- 17-round Free
- 33-round extended 250 P$
- P/MSG magazines - Compatible with Heckler & Koch PSG-1 and Heckler & Koch MSG-90
- 8-round (PSG-1) 100 P$
- 20-round (MSG-90) 200 P$
- AK-47 family magazines - Compatible with Kalashnikov AK-12 (47), AK-47, AKMSU and RPK
- 30-round (AK-47) Free
- 40-round (RPK) 150 P$
- 75-round drum 350 P$
- AK-74 family magazines - Compatible with Kalashnikov AK-12 (74), AK-74, AKS-74U, and RPK-74
- 30-round (AK-74) Free
- 45-round (RPK-74) 175 P$
- 60-round casket magazine 300 P$
- 100-round drum 500 P$
- SIG SG family magazines - Compatible with SIG Sauer SG550 and SIG Sauer SG552
- 20-round Free
- 30-round extended 200 P$
- Other magazines
- 10-round extended for Ceska Zbrojovka CZ 455 50 P$
- 20-round drum for Daewoo USAS-12 400 P$
- 30-round extended for FN FAL 50.00 200 P$
- 50-round drum for Heckler & Koch G3A3 350 P$
- 40-round extended for Heckler & Koch MP7A1 250 P$
- 65-round extended for IMI Galil AR 375 P$
- 27-round extended for KBP OTs-33 Pernach 200 P$
- 20-round drum for MPS AA-12 400 P$
- 50-round drum for Ruger 10/22 150 P$
- 30-round extended for Ruger AC556 150 P$
- 42-round extended for Steyr AUG A1 325 P$
- 20-round extended for Tula Arms VSS Vintorez 400 P$
- 50-round drum for Heckler & Koch HK417 400 P$
- 30-round extended for Ruger Mini-30 400 P$
- 50-round drum for Colt M1921 Thompson 400 P$