How to access: Available during 7 days, February 7th to 13th (with February 10th being MzW's birthday). If you are present on one of those days and a contestant you control is playing during this timespan, the Game Master will ask him/her if he/she wants to attend the Birthday Special. If yes, a golden door will appear.
NOTE: You may enter the Birthday Special only once per day.
What it is: Nothing more than a big party room with several Maze Personnel attending - weapons and equipment are disabled, and while attending the party, no changes to the stats can be made (the contestant is safe). Games will be available, with lots of freebies and grand prizes awaiting.
For wounded or hurt players, free healthcare will be given with all physical problems fixed.
- Grand Lottery - The contestant may buy a ticket for 100 P$ and register five numbers from 1 to 50. At the end of the contestant's visit, the lottery results are given.
- At least 2 number matches: 100 P$
- At least 3 number matches: 500 P$ and a free weapon of a random Class (can be refused for an extra 150 P$)
- At least 4 number matches: 750 P$ and two free weapons of a random Class (can be refused for an extra 200 P$ per weapon)
- All 5 numbers: GRAND PRIZE: A Cardinal Amulet
- Gambling Hall
- Black Jack
- Higher or Lower
- Double or Nothing
- Russian Roulette - A Colt Python is loaded with blank cartridges. The objective of the game is simple: the contestant challenges himself/herself in trying to "survive" the most rounds possible, knowing that after every round won, a new bullet is added to the cylinder, until a maximum of 5. The contestant has the option to leave with a prize between every won round, but if the cartridge detonates, he/she loses everything.
- 1 round survived: A small box of ammunition for a weapon of the contestant's choice
- 2 rounds survived: A big box of ammunition for a weapon of the contestant's choice
- 3 rounds survived: A big box of ammo + Two random valuables
- 4 rounds survived: A free weapon + Four random valuables
- 5 rounds survived: GRAND PRIZE: A free weapon + A Type-P crate
- Youkai Hall - A series of simple, luck-based games.
- Kitsune Gambling - Held by a Kitsune. The contestant must pay 50 P$ for every roll. He or she must attempt to roll a triple (three times the same number). If he/she succeeds, the contestant wins 400 P$. If the contestant manages to win three times, the kitsune will offer to join the contestant as an ally.
- Tengu Challenge - Held by a Tengu. The contestant must pay 100 P$ for one question. He or she must attempt to answer correctly the tengu's riddle. Three tries are given; failing does not result in a wound as it would with a random encounter in the mazes, and winning nets the contestant three random valuables.
- Mountain Climb - Held by a Hakutaku. The contestant must pay 250 P$ a game. The contestant and the hakutaku must throw 2 dice successively until one of them scores 60 points. The first player to score 60 wins. If there is one 1 during the roll, the player scores nothing. If the roll is a double 1, this player loses 10 points. If the contestant wins, he/she obtains the GRAND PRIZE: A SHEPARD crate and three random meds.
- Oni's Drinking Game - Held by an Oni. The contestant must pay 250 P$ a game. The oni will ask trivia questions to the contestant. If the contestant scores a good answer, the oni drinks from his flask. If the contestant fails, he/she must drink once from the flask. Each gulp from the flask adds 3d6 to the Inebriation meter of the drinker. The game ends when one of the players passes out (100% Inebriation). If the oni passes out, the contestant wins the oni's treasure, a big gold bar.
- Bar & Lounge - Here the contestant may order drinks to the kappa bartender and chat with peaceful NPCs: a scientist, two Maze Soldiers, a kappa, a kitsune, an oni, two engineers, a dwarf, a telepath, a medic, a nurse, and a shrine maiden. The contestant may chat with them normally at the bar or ask for a more private conversation in one of the private rooms; enabling a chance for a nice event.
How to access: Available during the month of December, the Game Master will ask the contestant once a day if he/she wants to try the X-Mas Special minigame. If yes, a red and white door will appear.
- There are 16 supply crates, all of which are unmarked and contain various prizes. The contestant must pick one of them and eliminate gradually all the others, hoping to kick out the lesser valued ones and actually owning one of the bigger.
- At 12, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3 and 2 crates remaining, the Game Master, playing the role of the original game's banker, will make a proposition to buy the contents of your crate. The contestant may accept (Deal) or refuse (No Deal). If the contestant accepts, the game ends immediately, and his/her crate is opened. If he/she refuses, the game continues until resolution.
- If there are only two crates remaining and the contestant chose to refuse the deal, he/she will take its contents, winning what's inside.
- G01: Panties
- G02: T-shirt
- G03: 3x Condom
- G04: 150 P$
- G05: Military rations bag
- G06: 450 P$
- G07: 1x M67 fragmentation grenade
- G08: A small box's worth of ammunition for one of the equipped weapons
- G09: 1x identified steroids
- G10: Type-3 Kevlar vest + SPECTRA Helmet
- G11: 1000 P$
- G12: A big box's worth of ammunition (or 4 small boxes' worth) for one of the equuiped weapons
- G13: Type-U crate
- G14: SHEPARD crate
- G15: 2500 P$
- G16: MAZE crate
How to access: The contestant may choose Survival mode after entering endgame and choosing to return to the mazes, instead of going through another regular playthrough.
What it is: Survival mode pits the contestant in a special variant of Mazeworld, much less focused on exploration and equipment management, and more on combat and survival tactics.
In this variant, every room has a single door, forcing the contestant to move faster (although, in theory, he/she may still do whatever he/she pleases or needs to do before passing a door).
Completing Survival Mode counts as a second finish of the contestant's run. At the end of which, he/she may enter the endgame again and choose another ending.
- Only one door per room.
- Random encounters as usual behind every door.
- No regular scripted events and no missions, although randomly encountered shops may still appear.
- The contestant is stripped of all of his/her previous equipment, and is instead furnished a new starting loadout:
- Allies are allowed; if the contestant had one upon entering, that ally is also given, if applicable, the above starting equipment.
- Every 100 rooms, a boss will appear. Each time a boss is defeated, the contestant is awarded special bonuses to continue his/her run. Survival mode ends when the contestant defeats all eight bosses.
- First boss: Two Furies.
- Reward: 1 random firearm with 4 mags of ammunition (or equivalent)
- Second boss: Two Iron golems.
- Reward: Type 4 Kevlar vest, 1 mag's worth of ammunition (or equivalent) for one of the equipped weapons
- Third boss: Maze Soldiers, in this order: Private, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain.
- Fourth boss: Nemean Lion
- Reward: 2 free weapons in unfilled slots (if all are filled, 2 random weapons), 1 mag's worth of ammunition (or equivalent) for one of the equipped weapons
- Fifth boss: An entire Dragon Kennel
- Reward: Backpack upgrade, 2 identified ketamine vials, 1 identified epinephrine syringe, 1 mag's worth of ammunition (or equivalent) for ALL equipped weapons
- Sixth boss: Colonel Thomas Wight
- Reward: 2 identified ketamine vials, 2 identified epinephrine syringes, 1 mag's worth of ammunition (or equivalent) for ALL equipped weapons
- Seventh boss: Duplica Bot that must be defeated twice
- Reward: 2 wishes, 2 identified ketamine vials, 1 identified epinephrine syringe, 1 mag's worth of ammunition (or equivalent) for ALL equipped weapons
- Final boss: Game Master Hebizuka Jinkou
- Reward: A completed run of Survival Mode, counting as another finish on the contestant's run, as well as an access to endgame again.
How to access: Available during the month of October, the Game Master will ask the contestant once a day if he/she wants to try the ZombMaze minigame. If yes, a dark green door will appear.
What it is: Basically, a zombie survival minigame. The contestant is pitted in a zombie-infested part of the mazes. Every room has two doors, ALL encounters are Zombie-type creatures, and every 60 rooms, a special pawn shop will be waiting, accepting money and having twice as much items as the regular pawn shop.
- When entering, the contestant is given a T-Shirt, Mountain Pants, Hiking shoes, an advanced backpack, a Glock 17, a Benelli M4 Super 90, 60 9x19mm Parabellum cartridges and 40 buckshot shells. The contestant is also fully healed for free should the contestant accept the offer.
- Dying in ZombMaze has no effect on the contestant's real run in Mazeworld; he/she is merely playing a clone of himself/herself.
- NOTE: The contestant's equipment is separated from him/her upon entering ZombMaze, and is given back should the contestant die or choose to cease playing.
- ZombMaze is endless, and goes on as long as the contestant is alive or the player wishes to play.
- There is ALWAYS a zombie in every room, except if the special pawn shop is here. Also, there is a 1/3 chance to find buckshot ammo, and another 1/3 to find 9x19mm Parabellum ammo.
- Every zombie killed nets 1 point, every Draugr nets 3 points. Draugr may also drop money upon being killed (the only encounter that drops money in the game). ZombMaze kills don't count on the character's stats.
- At the end of the playthrough, depending on the amount of points obtained, the contestant may earn one of the following rewards for the regular Mazeworld:
- 40 points: 1 small box of ammunition for one of the contestant's weapons.
- 80 points: 250 P$
- 120 points: Free Class 3 weapon with 2 magazine's worth of ammunition
- 160 points: Free firearm with 3 magazine's worth of ammunition
- 200 points: Type-Z crate
- 300 points: Type-Z crate + backpack upgrade
- 400 points: Type-Z crate + backpack upgrade + 750 P$
- 500 points: Type-Z crate + backpack upgrade + 1 wish (that cannot be used for a cardinal amulet.)
- GRAND PRIZE, 666 points: Type-Z crate + backpack upgrade + A free cardinal amulet