This page will detail the rules and guidelines on the IRC channel of Mazeworld, to ensure a proper and enjoyable experience of all users, be they simple spectators or active players.
- I, the admin, as well as the moderators, reserve themselves the right to moderate the channel as they see fit to enforce the rules on this page, and are sole judges of what is defined as acceptable and offensive, and what is not, within the bounds of the rules as they are displayed here. By entering our channel, you are agreeing to abide by those rules.
- No drama, ever. ANY discussion/debates/argument/or by extension anything that produces an unpleasant atmosphere inside the channel will be prohibed. A kick will be the first warning; repetition or reiteration will end up in a ban of indeterminate length. (Read: Forever)
- Certain topics on MzW are considered touchy and extensive talks about those subjects usually lead to drama; it is best that those topics be avoided. They include but are not limited to: Politics, Real-life religion (In-game religion, i.e. Cardinal Gods is fine), Arguments about the game mechanics going beyond the mere "suggestions" to MzW, and other subjects the administration defines as controversial. If you are not sure about how touchy or not a subject is, contact a member of the staff in PM.
- Respect the other users regardless of position or importance. Will not be tolerated, including but not limited to: Trolling, bashing/flaming, insulting, personal attacks, unwarranted criticism, and in general, any and all lack of respect whether direct or implied and regardless of the target.
In addition to the general rules, specific guidelines must be respected when a game is not in progress.
- The game is NSFW. You have been warned by reading the wiki's frontpage, you have been warned by reading the channel topic, and you are once more here. If you feel what is going on in the channel is unsettling or disturbing, leave. We recommend the channel to be frequented by people of at least 14 or 15 years of age; although we won't enforce bans based on age alone. We're not your parents or your babysitters. Be responsible of yourselves, if you don't like what you see, don't stay. (But please do stay if you like!)
- Do not ask for a game to be run for you out of the blur. Request a slot on the game schedule. Respect your assignments; if you don't show up to play your game, it's your loss and the slot is lost; I also reserve myself the right to attribute games to other people should reserved slots are not honored.
- Do not abuse irc bots commands. I tolerate off-game use of commands if you are going to have silly roleplaying or just want to play around with them. However, repeated unjustified use of the commands is not allowed. Is considered command abuse:
- Spamming the same command over and over again (tolerated SOMETIMES at the moderation's discretion, but otherwise NO)
- Rolling an absurd mdice value; you DON'T need any higher than three figures at the very worst; keep it to 2d6s, 1d100s and whatever food or meds ask you to roll.
In addition to the general rules, specific guidelines must be respected when a game IS in progress.
- If you are not the player while a game is in progress, you may only talk (between parentheses), like this, to dissociate ingame (IG) and out-of-game (OOG) discussion.
- Limit OOG discussion to a minimum; I don't mind users commenting on a player's feat or on amazing or surprising dice results, rolls, or other odds, but don't start page-long discussions while a game is in progress; it slows it down and it's disrespectful for the player.
- Players, accept your fate. If your character is screwed, don't attempt to cheat or manuver your way around. Manage yourselves IG, you have plenty of solutions to avoid dying. Do not question the game mechanics, don't cry if your character died or if things didn't go the way you expected. Ask questions before you do something if you're unsure, we will answer you in the best of our abilities.
Infraction to the rules may lead to being kicked from the channel with a warning. Reiterations may lead to forced death of contestant, and temporary, or permanent bans from the IRC channel.
- IRC Bots for how to use the bots.