Latest released Mazeworld update: June 10th 2012; MzW 2.0 Revision 7 (2.0 rev7)
Next planned Mazeworld update: Unannounced yet
2.0 rev7 changes
- Introduction of a new Kennel type: the Police Station. Contains, each group in their own room, in that order: 2x Maze Guard, 3x Rebellious prisoners, 2x Maze Guard, 3 Hostile prisoners, 3x Maze Guard, 3x Guard Sergeant, 1x Guard Chief
- Introduction of a new mission in the Contract missions category: Job F1, which can only be accessed after completing the entirety of Tier E missions.
- New encounters - Wizards and Magicians
Other than sharing gradual levels of expertise, they also share the same movesets. The difference is that wizards are hostile, and magicians are neutral.
- New roomstyles
- New roomstyle variants
- 8 new variants of the regular room in which non-wicked youkai (armed if possible with a random weapon) are fighting against Maze or DF Soldiers
- 8 new variants of the grassy room, ditto from above
- 4 new variants of the messy room, ditto from above
- 4 new variants of the outside forest area (daytime), ditto from above
- New roomstyle variants with non-wicked youkai (with or without weapons): 1 regular room, 1 grassy room, 1 mess hall, 1 shrine, 1 toilets, 4 washitsu
- 2 new variants of the kitchen - one with a head maid and two subordinate maids, the other with a chief butler and two subordinate butlers
- 2 new variants of the mess hall - ditto from above
- 3 new variants of the bedroom - Maze Citizen with either an employed maid, butler or yousei servant
- 4 new variants of the military bedroom - Maze Soldier or DF Soldier, each with either an employed maid or butler.
- 6 new variants of the TV room - one accessed from stairs and empty, one with a Maze Citizen watching TV, one with a random non-wicked youkai watching TV, one with a random human watching TV, one with a head maid + maid, and one with a chief butler + butler.
- Gameplay changes
- Graveyard room reform: Now every graveyard room has, alongside the graves, a Duplica Bot. As the contestant enters the graveyard, a ghost contestant will rise from its grave, and possess the Bot. The result is that the living contestant will fight a Duplica version of a dead one, complete with its entire equipment (clothing and armor + weapons) at time of death. The Bot must be defeated twice (2x 100% Pain threshold) before it is destroyed - as it does in Mission A9, it only counts as 1 kill. Upon being destroyed, the Bot will drop 1 random weapon and 1 random piece of clothing and armor from what it was equipped with.
- Failed buffing program: All Failed will have their AC increased to Kevlar-3, and their perk increased to SUPER STRONG.
- The total amount of roomstyles will be increased, certain existing roomstyles will see their frequency increase.
- New rules for single-action and bolt-action weapons: The limit of 1 shot maximum per turn, will be raised to 3.
2.0 rev6 changes
- Introduction of the new 12 gauge shell types, alongside Buckshot (shell color: red) and Slugs (shell color: green).
- Incendiary shells (shell color: yellow) - Similar technically to standard slugs, but are loaded with a highly flammable magnesium-based compound. Upon impact, the slug lights up violently and will set its target on fire. Causes FIRE-type damage.
- Flechette shells (shell color: blue) - Similar technically to standard buckshot, but are loaded with 20 1-inch long flechettes. It offers better penetration and a flatter damage curve, with the same maximum damage buckshot can deal.
- FRAG-12 shells (shell color: black) - Similar technically to standard slugs, FRAG-12 shells propel a miniature, fin-stabilized rocket which explodes violently upon impact. Causes EXPLOSIVE-type damage and has the same destructive potential as other explosives, but does NOT cause splash damage.
- Official introduction of the new @shelltype command. @Shelltype rolls a random shell type between the now five available.
- Gameplay changes: All shotguns found at random in the rooms, or found equipped by encounters, will be loaded with shells of a random type, rolled using @shelltype. This will also affect, if applicable, according ammunition found in backpacks/LBE.
- Gameplay changes: Handcuffs are introduced as an actual type of key item which is carried by all Guards and can be picked up by the player.
2.0 rev5 changes
- The Temperature rise trap and Temperature drop trap have been scrapped.
- The Favor level system has been entirely scrapped.
- The equipment carried by the Game Masters during the endgame has been drastically improved.
2.0 rev4 changes
- The Bazalt RPG-7's weight was changed from Unsparable to 22 units.
- The Raytheon FIM-92A Stinger has been removed and replaced by the Bazalt RPG-29. It fires 105mm RPG.
- Updated damage chart of 85mm RPG.
2.0 rev3 changes
Brand new mission set: the Contract Missions. Meant as an alternative to the other two gameplay styles with set missions at set areas, the Contract Missions route proposes the contestant to be hired for certain jobs at a hiring bureau, as an optional service, with gradually harder and better paying missions becoming available as they are completed.
In Contract Missions, all rooms meant to be mission rooms are now hiring bureaus.
The Startgame personality test will add the Contract Missions as one of the possible answers to Question 13.
2.0 rev2 changes
New startgame questions with a brand new "personality test" system. More questions and less obvious answers. The wiki also does not display anymore the results of each answer.
Increased power of slugshot.
2.0 rev1 changes
- The bar, where a bartender can always be found and humans and/or youkai can be seen. Proposes 7 different unique drinks.
New type of chef: the bartender; instead of being specialized in a particular cuisine, the bartender is a special kind of "chef" specialized in cocktails and drinks. Bartenders can only be found in the new bar roomstyles, but their services function exactly the same as a normal chef.
New EliasBot commands: @nyoukai and @wyoukai - respectively rolls non-wicked, and wicked youkai.