The Endgame is the period in a contestant's progress which starts after he/she has obtained all four of the Cardinal Amulets. Accessing the endgame is nicknamed an ascension, because the contestant ascends to another plane of existence within Mazeworld for the duration of his/her stay.
Attaining the Endgame gives the contestant 1 Run finished on their leaderboards statistics, thus giving them 100 points for completing Mazeworld once (more).
As soon as the contestant obtains the fourth Amulet, they fuse into one, and explode in a blast of light, blinding him/her and sending him outside of the mazes.
When the contestant opens his/her eyes again, he/she will realize he/she is in a white area, with no floor, walls, ceiling, but three doors, and all three Game Masters waiting for him/her. Additionally, the Amulets are gone, destroyed in the process.
The GMs then proceed to congratulate the contestant, and propose him/her to make a choice: every door leads to a different fate.
At this point, this choice is basically a choice between multiple endings.
If the contestant chooses the left door, he/she will see a view on his/her homeworld. This leads to the Good Ending, and allows the contestant to escape Mazeworld proper.
If the contestant chooses the middle door, he/she will see a view on a regular room in the Mazes. The Game Masters will ask the contestant if he/she wants to start over their adventure, or try an all-new challenge.
- Choosing to start over leads to the Normal Ending and returns the contestant in the Mazes from the room they obtained their fourth amulet in. The contestant must then go through the missions all over again from the point they landed in, and must retrieve again the Amulets to come back. If the contestant carried any Legendary Weapon at that point, it will be destroyed (and the Quest will be made available after the 5th mission again). If the contestant had any credit at any shops at the moment, they have been erased.
- Choosing to try an all-new challenge leads to the contestant being stripped of his/her entire equipment and inventory, and teleported in a regular room to start Survival Mode. If the contestant manages to finish the Survival Mode, he/she will earn the Survivor Ending, and will be returned to the Endgame area.
If the contestant chooses the right door, he/she will see a view of a dark room, lit by multiple screens, each watching over what seems to be different rooms in the Mazes.
If you are attempting the Normal missions, the following applies:
- Choosing this room leads to the contestant being granted the right to chat with the GMs. An unlimited amount of questions can be asked and the GMs will respond to all of them.
Once the contestant wants to cease asking questions and move on, the GMs will leave and exit through a door, which the contestant can't open - it will lock itself after the GMs exit.
An alarm will then start, the screens displaying "DANGER", and the ground shaking violently. Afterwards, an explosion will blow an opening in one of the walls, allowing the contestant to escape… and face his/her last challenge: a 3 vs 1 (or 3 vs 2 if the contestant has an ally) battle.
- The battle will cease after two of the Game Masters have been defeated - the last standing one will flee through a newly-opened door. The contestant must then chase the last GM through 3 rooms (in which items can appear but no monsters and during which the contestant can heal himself/herself and, if applicable, his/her ally). Afterwards, if the last standing GM was hurt, it will be fully healed for the final one-on-one, and will have a Pain threshold of 150%.
- Successfully beating the GMs lead to the Normal Secret Ending (FinalN on the leaderboards), in which the contestant ascends to power and becomes a Game Master himself/herself, ruling Mazeworld along with the other Game Masters…
If you are attempting the Alternate missions:
The following are prerequisites to unlock the Alternate S.End:
- Having beaten 10 Alternate missions
- Karin is your ally
- Attained endgame and chose right door
If those prerequisites are not met, the contestant is redirected to the Normal Secret Ending route.
- Karin will secretly tell the contestant that she has the intention to screw up Mazeworld and put an end to the GMs' reign… The GM headquarters has, according to a theory of hers, a way to put down the GMs by messing with power distribution. Choosing this room leads to the contestant, as usual, being granted the right to chat with the GMs. At the end of the discussion, the GMs disappear and the alert mode is enabled as usual, but Karin locates a secret entrance in the room and invites the contestant to follow her.
- The contestant discovers a white area with, in the center, a glowing ball of black light. Karin thinks this is the source of power of the realm, and she wants to use it to beat the GMs at their own game… But suddenly, nasties start appearing from the black ball!
The contestant and Karin must go through several fights in succession, against:
- Nemean Lion
- Three DF Captains
- Two Hell barons
- Mecha tentacle monster
- Duplica Bot, which must be defeated twice
- Once they are beaten, the GMs themselves in HEV gear appear out of the ball, which disappears. Their HEV suits are glowing. After taunting the contestant, a black trapdoor appears out of nowhere, in which they jump. The contestant may wait before jumping in and prepare himself/herself, before following the GMs down.
- After jumping down the trapdoor, the contestant and Karin will land in a completely black arena, where they meet the GMs ready to fight by themselves. As during the Normal S.End fight against them, a 3 vs 2 battle begins.
- If Karin did not survive the fight but the contestant did: Once all three are down, the contestant is teleported back to the GM control room… But everything starts shaking and more alerts indicate that the entire of Mazeworld is collapsing on itself! Attempting a last-ditch move, the contestant decides to open the door he/she came in through and try to escape through the door leading to his/her homeworld…
- As the contestant jumps, he/she feels Mazeworld collapsed. The contestant escaped barely and is back home, but Karin's death, and the destruction of an entire realm haunts his/her mind forever… For the good or for the bad. This leads to the Alternate Secret Ending and is treated as FinalA on the leaderboards.
- If Karin survived the fight: Once all three are down, they are teleported back to the GM control room, Karin strips them of their HEV Suits and puts them in stasis cages where they're kept to sleep forever… and proposes that you and her become the new Game Masters, to make MzW a better place. This leads to the True Good Ending, and is treated as FinalT on the leaderboards, although what is considered the True Good Ending of MzW is up to the player really.